We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to work with our product team to maintain and build the operational aspects of our digital health delivery system, and to monitor and administer cloud-based infrastructure, platforms and products.
You will develop tools and leverage third party and open-source technology to deliver a highly efficient delivery pipeline and to monitor and report against operational KPIs for our market leading healthcare software platform.
- Operational verification of releases prior to deployment
- Deployment of release candidate builds to test and staging environments
- Deployment of releases to live environments
- Post-deployment monitoring and documentation of releases
- Definition, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of system monitoring tools.
- Ongoing monitoring of key system metrics to ensure optimum operation and rapid alerting to system faults or performance degradation
- Collaboration with Development team to ensure internal systems, connections to third party systems and build pipelines are highly efficient and meet requirements
- Collaboration with customer facing teams to provide technical support for investigation of customer reported issues and to enable reporting against KPIs
- Collaborate with external Service Providers to ensure hosting provision is meeting current requirements and proactively plan for future requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- 2+ years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- Hands on experience in at least one scripting language
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experienced in Agile methodology for software development
- Experience of writing and maintaining technical design documentation
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience working with Ansible
- Support and maintenance of web server and database
- Experience investigating and resolving operational issues in a high pressure environment
- Proactive self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Familiarity with networking protocols
Valuable but not essential requirements include:
- Some awareness of mobile application software development approaches
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Familiarity with Business Rules Management System (BRMS) solution (e.g. Drools)
- Ability to work in a managed quality assurance environment, such as medical and safety-critical applications.
Please send us your CV with a covering letter to apply.